North Captiva At A Glance
As a Safety Harbor Club Member, you have use of a heated pool, tennis courts, clubhouse, snack bar, bird watching towers and private docking. Other additional activities included ... shelling, jogging paths, sailing, fishing and hiking.
Arrangements can be made for water taxi excursions to many of the nearby islands for dining, shopping and golfing. Boat rental through several area marinas is available if you wish to explore on your own. Scheduled water shuttles run daily, reservations required.
The endangered Osprey.
- Shelling on 4.5 miles of unspoiled beach.
- Excellent bird-watching -- see more...
- Fresh water fishing (bass and bluegill)
- Salt water fishing for dinner or sport -- Grouper, Redfish, Snook, Tarpon, and King Fish etc...
- Boating by hired guide or rent your own.
- Hiking over 500 acres of State natural preserve, adjoining Safety Harbor Club.
- Cayo Costa is the next island over. It is a completely uninhabited wildlife preserve. Watch out for the wild pigs!
- Swimming in Gulf, Bay, or Club's private pool.
- Shopping is great on nearby Captiva Island, South Seas Plantation.
- Golf - a simple 15 minute boat ride away.
- Pine Island: Alden Pines Golf Club - 18 holes (walking distance from dock)
- Sanibel: The Dunes - 18 holes (need taxi from wharf)
- Beach View - 9 holes (need taxi from wharf)
Barnacle Phil's -- The greatest black beans
and saffron rice in the world.
- Mangos Island Cafe -- North Captiva. Breakfast, lunch and dinner, general store.
- Barnacle Phils Restaraunt, -- North Captiva. Lunch and dinner.
A 15 minute boat ride from Safety Harbor Club.
- Cabbage Key Restaurant and Inn -- Cabbage Key. Lunch and dinner (full course meals) open 7 days per week.
- South Seas Plantation, 472-5111 -- Captiva Island. Various restaurants of various menus and style:
- Captain Al's-- Informal open-air eating at marina. Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Chadwick's-- Charming atmosphere, sit-down dining. Brunch is out of this world!.
- King's Crown-- Semi-formal dining, award winning cuisine. Dinner only.
- The Bubble Room-- Awesome deserts, try a huge slice of key lime pie!
Captiva Island: Arrangements can be made to dine on Captiva where there are 10 additional restaurant at a 20 minute boat ride from Safety Harbor Club. You can also make arrangements to dine on Useppa Island which is only 10 minutes by boat. Reservations Only.